Who are Landcare Team Leaders?
Landcare Team Leaders are volunteers that coordinate Landcare activities by volunteers on-site, in line with the site’s Agreed Action Plan.
To ensure that Landcare sites are safe workplaces and that Landcare works are appropriate, all Landcare groups must have at least one qualified Team Leader.
What are the duties of Team Leaders?
- Induct other volunteers into the site (where relevant)
- Complete necessary work diaries and registration paperwork
- Oversee requests for resources from the Landcare Resource Centre
- Ensure works are consistent with the site’s Agreed Action Plan
- Ensure the Code of Conduct – see Code-of-Conduct-for-web.pdf – is adhered to
- Be a primary point of contact between the Council and the Landcare group
What are the benefits of being a Team Leader?
- Opportunity for input into Landcare site Action Plans and resource needs
- Central point of contact for information relating to Landcare site
- Opportunity to develop leadership, site management and volunteer engagement skills with support from the Landcare Resource Centre
- Access to resources such as Green Team and Landcare Support Officer assistance, plants, tools, mulch and promotional material for the site
How do I become a Team Leader?
Landcare Team Leaders need to complete a half day training session at the Landcare Resource Centre. There is also the option for Team Leaders to undertake additional practical training and on-site training as available through the Landcare Resource Centre.
What does Team Leader Training involve?
The training will cover:
- Work and safety on Landcare sites
- Tools and equipment
- Weed management techniques
- Project action planning and habitat assessment
- Leading your team
Team Leaders are given a resource kit containing:
- Training notes
- First Aid Kit
- Insect repellent
- Work diary (“Blue Book”) and Site induction / volunteer registration forms (“Green Book”)
- Weed removal resources – many of which can be found on our links page under ‘weed links’
When is the next Team Leader Training session?
Current training sessions are listed on our Events Page
Team Leader Training is usually delivered on the last Saturday of each month at the LRC, from 8:30am – 12:30pm. Bookings can be made on 4921 0392 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do Team Leaders induct themselves and others to their Landcare site?
The following video has been put together to help Team Leaders use their new “Green Book” to conduct a site induction