In light of this and following an assessment of risks, Council has determined that limited onsite Landcare activities can recommence. This means that volunteers can return to work on their Landcare sites as long as participants adhere to the following conditions:
- Ensure a maximum of 10 people on site at once. Larger events such as community planting days cannot be supported at this stage.
- Ask participants to stay home if they are unwell, or have been advised to self-isolate.
- Do not car pool to the site.
- Exercise personal responsibility for social distancing measures.
- Volunteers over 65 or with Chronic Health Conditions should consider the advice from the Australian Government Department of Health and exercise extra caution to avoid contact with others.
- Encourage participants to wash their hands often. Provide facility for hand washing with soap where possible, or hand sanitizer as an alternative.
- Ensure good hygiene practices are in place, do not share food or PPE, tools and equipment. This should include using your own pen to sign in.
- Clean all tools before commencing work, and at the end of each work day.
- Use your daily work diary to record how your group will manage risks associated with COVID-19, including how vulnerable workers are avoiding contact with others.
- As usual, ensure participants sign in and out using your Landcare Blue Books and have completed a registration form with their contact details in your Green Book so they can be contacted if required.
We suggest you download the linked factsheets referenced above to take out on site as printed or electronic copies. We also suggest you download the COVIDSafe app if you have a smartphone. Downloading the app is something you can do to protect you, your family and friends and save the lives of other Australians.
UPDATE 7/7/20 – In order to contain the spread of COVID-19 and to ensure the wellbeing of volunteers, workers and the community, the NSW Government announced the Victorian border would be closed from 12:01 am Wednesday 8 July 2020 to anyone without a permit.
NSW Health has recently updated its public health advice for people who have travelled from Victoria or Melbourne in the last 14 days. We recommend you Follow the NSW Health guidelines for self-isolation if you have recently returned from travel to Victoria.
Please contact the Landcare Resource Centre to discuss any specific needs your groups may have.
Staff will be contactable for advice and support; and the Landcare Resource Centre is open by appointment to volunteers and the public.
We thank you for your patience and support in what has been a difficult time for many people. We are grateful for the Lake Macquarie Landcare community and we’re looking forward to hearing about your renewed Landcaring achievements. Please contact us if you require any support in restarting your group on firstname.lastname@example.org or 4921 0392.
*Please email email@example.com to opt out of bulk COVID updates to mobile phones for Landcarers*